Thursday, May 14, 2009

Crap that sucks IRL

Crap that sucks.

So Monday night I received a phone call at 10:30 pm from my mom. You know it is bad news when you receive a call that late from someone who goes to sleep as soon a s the sun sets. My uncle passed away Monday night. He had a heart attack while walking down the hallway to the bedroom. He was dead before he hit the floor.

So that sucks. We were close. He lived less than 10 miles from me, he introduced me to SciFi. He gave me my first Robert Heinlein book, "Stranger in a Strange Land" when I was 12. He lived with my family for a year when I was 12, when he first moved here (Northern California) from Chicago, and that first summer when I was 12 or 13, we would stay up late on weekends watching old scifi B movies, playing Backgammon for money and eating pizza.

So enough of that, more crap that sucks.

In January I took the dogs to the part to throw the ball around and generally let the dogs burn off some energy they have had stored up from lots of inside time due to rain. I threw the ball, and there was a "Pop" in my knee. This is a knee I have had ACL reconstruction on due to a snowboarding injury in highschool. Had a bit of surgery on it again a few weeks ago, and say the Doctor yesterday for the post-op follow up. Long story short (too late) he says the knee will forvere be clicking and poping now. This was not my last surgery and I need to start working out 6 days a week instead of 3 (cause I'm a fat lard and need to loose 50 lbs).

More crap, but this time in game so not terrible.

Although nobody has confirmed my suspisions I believe it to be true. I have been replaced as DPS for our regular 25 mans. I have had a rough 6 months and have not been able to attend regularly, added to that we have moved raids from Friday/Saturday/Clean up on Monday to a Wed/Thur/Friday schedule. Well Being the good father that I am, Wednesdays are Boy Scout nights, so I miss Wednesday. Thursday is the only night Mrs. Skraps is off on a regular basis and we catch up on Lost, Survivor, Amazing Race, Heroes and whatever other shows Mrs. Skraps is attached to at the moment. I like 2 of those shows, guess which ones and "Reality" shows dont count. So that brings me down to just one of the regular raids per week. Not really a help to the core raiding team so I understand why I was replaced, but I'm still bummed.

Not crap.

I finally grinded (ground? what is the past tense of grind?) the gold for my 3rd epic flight training. Kinda sucks I dont even play the toon that I had epic flight on first. But now that I have epic flight on my Shaman grinding herbs for flasks is so much easier.

So seeing as how I am not raiding, except the occasional Naxx PuG, where I can never seem to kill K'T for my stupid "Champion" title. I have had time to finally work on my Death Knight. I finally finished with Outland last night, and will be heading to Howling Fjord tonight, as I just like that zone better than Borean Tundra.

I have been playing with all 3 trees in the DK talents. I would like to Tank my way to 70. We will see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment