Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Fathers Day poem...


Happy Fathers day to one and all!


Last year for Fathers Day my son, the good boy that he is bought for me the Kegerator you see in the image here. It may well be the best gift I have ever received. I sometimes wake up in the night and walk out to the kitchen just to hug it. Other than making cold draught beer available to me and friends at any time, it has helped out hugely with my other hobby, brewing beer. No more sanitizing bottles, no more cleaning, and capping and all that crap that is a chore when it comes to homebrewing.

This year for fathers day all I got was a card, a great card mind you but just a card.

So stolen unabashedly from said card for all the dads out there, a Fathers Day prayer...

Our Lager,
Which art in barrels,
Hallowed be thy drink,
Thy Kegdom Come,
I fill thee mug,
At home, as in the Tavern.

Give us this day, our foamy head,
And forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those who spill upon us
And lead us not into inebriation,
But deliver us from hangovers.

Barmen

No comments:

Post a Comment