Friday, January 15, 2010

Just in case you missed it.

World of Matticus has an excellent article up about 5 misconceptions on healers. I can't tell you how many times I have heard the phrase "Healers, what happened?" and slowly boiled. So many times I have wanted to yell "You F*ing died! Move out of the mother lovin fire, teach the dps to move, blow a cool down early in the fight sometimes!" Of course I never do that, bacause I am a little passive aggressive sometimes. My favorite part of his article comes at the end with this...

"When a boss goes down smoothly you almost never hear anyone say; “That was awesome! Great job healers! That was all you!”, but when a wipe happens you will hear the phrase “what happened healers?” way too often. Not everything is within a healers control. Sometimes things happen that stretch our abilities so thin there is no recovery. Random mob abilities chaining together can cause a group to wipe before a healer even has a chance to react. When someone places this burden on the healers, it’s a short trip to off the rage deep end."

Just once after a really close downing of a boss I would probably squee with joy if I heard "Nice job healers, couldn't have done it without you!? Strangely I hear quite often "DPS...Fantastic! You really are on top of your game."

OK enough QQ. It is Friday, and I have a big weekend ahead of me. Mrs. Skraps' birthday is next week and we are starting early.

Sunday we are going to the Winter Wineland event in the Russian River Valley. Thirty dollars for free food and tasting at 123 boutique winery's? Yes please! Then dinner Wednseday with her family and finally on Friday a night out to see Cirque du Soleil. Don't tell her that part is a surprise, and she has never even once considered to read my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun long weekend!!


    And yep tanking and healing is alot more stressful than it needs to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healers never get compliments except from other healers. In the guild I help run we call out anyone who might cause the raid to wipe. Such as DPS who stand in fire, tanks not turning the mob/boss, even healers who don't raid heal. So blame is never on the healers shoulders.

    ReplyDelete