Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cataclysm Shaman 31 Point Talent Trees

OK. Before you get on my case, this is a COMPLETELY non-scientific, not in the beta so I don't really know, "Best Guess" of what the cookie cutter build of the Resto Tree will be in Cataclysm.

Here is a direct link to the talents so you can check them out.

There are a few talents I am not particularly happy with, and I am sure they will change as testing goes on. The first one, REALLY deep in the tree that I am not really sure of is Telluric Currents as I understand it mana management will be a big part of the healing game in Cata, and this spell may be necessary for the mana regen portion. I just worry that with things ramping up in Cata, not only will the mana management be required, but it may also require healers to DPS more to beat tighter enrage timers. This may well push the already difficult job of healing over the edge. Because not only will you have to be watching DPS that still in this day and age not move out of the fire, but on every spare GCD have to throw a lightning bolt, or shock in to beat the enrage.

Focused Insight is a talent I did not pick up, although thinking back on it, a instant cast shock, may be more efficient than a lighting bolt for the reduced cost of the next heal, plus a Greater Healing Wave with a 15% mana reduction and 5% bonus on top, kinda gets me happy in the pants.

As near as I can tell there seems to be about a 3 talent "option" in this new 31 point tree, depending on your play style, or weather or not you are doing PVP you can pick a couple of what I am calling tertiary talents, Ancestral Resolve, Focused Insight and Natures Guardian.

As far as your secondary tree, it seems pretty obvious that you are going to want to go into the enhancement tree, as the elemental trees lower talents only improve damage, while enhancement improves some of your buffs, and your mana pool. Although Concussion in conjunction with Telluric Currents may be required for the mana regen.

This ends my completley uninformed, best guess at the new 31 point resto tree. If I manage to find time later this week before I leave for a 3 day white water rafting trip I will take a look at the other trees. But I am not sure I will get the chance, still trying to recover here at the office after a small fire in the telco closet here at work over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment